There has been so much talk lately. I'm so sick of it all: Yes, what happened to Haiti is unthinkably terrible, please donate. The stock market is fluctuating like crazy, we could be on the verge of turning the economy around. We don't have money for departments that the university was founded on, but let's change the logo and the colors and spend billions of dollars remerchandising. I guess what I'm trying to say is, does hype have hope? Or is it only leading to disappointment?
These days people are more than willing to rapidly pronounce failure. It seems so easy to accept defeat. Maybe I'm just mad at the hype because I don't have enough of it for myself, for when I look into the undecided, unforeseeable little bubble of my future. But if I did have hype, would I live up to it?
No comments:
Post a Comment