In the middle of my senior year of high school, we had to right letters to our future selves that would eventually be mailed to us during our freshman year of college. I stumbled upon mine tonight, having forgotten the words I'd written over two years ago...
"I've never been one to hide from change but I'm not the type to embrace it either. Although I despise the concept of high school, I'll miss it I'm sure. The idea of starting over again definitely has its pros and cons but what scares me the most isn't that I'm leaving Troy or facing new challenges; it's the possibility of loss, losing people that have become a comfort, have become home. As frightening as the whole idea of being a college freshman is (especially at a huge campus like MSU), I feel like I was born ready. I've had experiences that I feel will propel me into the the next stage of my life, whatever that may be. Now it's time to take the things I've learned and the relationships I've made and move on. I've done things this year I never thought I'd do: really stupid things, amazing things, sad things, embarrassing things, hilarious things and really big things. I've lived the first couple chapters quite thoroughly; made mistakes, laughed a lot, loved, got hurt, hurt others, learned, made and lost friends, tried new things, but most importantly, i dared to dream."
how cool.
1 comment:
from sociology?! thats wild! mine wasnt as good as urs.. but i did stick a buck in it cuz i knew id be a brokeass freshman year, haha. i think i used it to buy more beer...
Post a Comment