February 21, 2010

Inner Nerd.

Even as a kid, I've always loved libraries. I'm not sure if it's my love for words or reading, but something about them always floored me. The information, the knowledge, the data, is all endless. When I was small I'd weave up and down the isles, running my pudgy hands across the spines of what seemed like magical and ancient books. I'd find myself fascinated with books and things I'm not even interested in. It was once a reward, if I was good my parents would take me the library to get new books. I still have my first library card, with my childish, messy scrawl written on it.

In college, most students think of the library as punishment. If there was a big test or paper coming up they often say with disdain, "i'll be at the library." I come to the library even when I don't have studying to do. I love everything about it: the walk here by the river, the people watching, the noise or lack thereof, the different sections, sides, floors, areas. I think in four years I've probably explored every nook and cranny. If I do have to study, I find it's harder for me to get work done because I'm too busy looking up interesting information or watching the people around me or starring out the window at Beaumont Tower.

Maybe it's my inner nerd, but when it's all said and done, I'll miss the MSU library.

No comments: