July 24, 2007

Review

I feel like i've lost a friend now that Harry Potter is done. Perfect final book, amazing ending. Every loose end was tied, every problem solved with immaculate humor and detail. Rowling is by far a genius, using everything from world history to Greek myth for reference. I can't wait to share the magic with my kids, hoping the series will have the same impact on them growing up as it has had on me. Needless to say, life as a muggle is awful.

Weeks ago, i could not get back to school fast enough. Now, i'm dreading it. Sure I'm excited to go back to friends, partying, a scheduled routine but I am not looking forward to leaving. I just know somewhere in my heart of hearts that my grandma is going to die after i leave and i wont have given her a proper goodbye. I feel guilty leaving my parents to deal with her alone when i'm too far away to be of any help. On top of that, I HATE that i'm leaving the boy, especially when his two best friends are moving out of state this year. It's going to be a difficult transition for everybody this fall, but i think after the four crazy years we've all spent together (more for the boys) our relationships will not falter over a little distance. Still, i find myself wishing MSU would come to me instead of me having to leave to go to it.

Also, why am i never in Oprah's audience the day of her favorite things show? Grr.

1 comment:

Ash said...

i second all that.

except for oprah, you know my feelings about her. she looks deathly skinny right now, might i add.